Re: 8.1 on gentoo

От Tim Allen
Тема Re: 8.1 on gentoo
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Holger Hoffstaette wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:55:51 +0200, Sim Zacks wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know when postgresql 8.1 will be considered stable on gentoo
>>for x86?
>
> No, maybe ask in gentoo-users or -dev? Anyway just because it's not marked
> "stable" does not mean it isn't. It's very unfortunate that distributions
> have adopted these terms because more often than not they have absolutely
> nothing to do with the *runtime* stability of the software.

Presumably the stable status is more to do with all the packages that
depend on postgres, rather than postgres itself. I guess the reason it
hasn't been marked stable yet is just lack of round tuits for someone to
test all the other packages.

>>Another question would be does anybody know of any instability of
>>postgresql 8.1 unstable for gentoo x86?
>
> ~x86 works just fine. How could it not? It's just the same as compiling
> yourself - which is considered to be acceptable, if not good, practice on
> all other platforms and distributions too. If a particular build would be
> totally broken/untested/known to eat your soul it would be hardmasked.
>
> -h

Tim

Tim Allen          tim@proximity.com.au
Proximity Pty Ltd  http://www.proximity.com.au/

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: New DBs from existing schemas
От: Thomas Hallgren
Сообщение: Re: background triggers?