Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gurjeet Singh wrote:
>    My main grudge is that if we are supporting almost all flovours of
> nixens and compilers (close to 34 according to official website), then
> why are we leaving Windows platform alone? This will bring in quite a
> lot more developers.

You should look at MinGW as a development toolkit, not a platform. PostgreSQL builds and
runs just fine on the Windows platform. Personally, I use Eclipse C/C++ with MinGW since it
brings me a number of advantages. The most prominent one is that I only need to master one
IDE regardless of platform.

>    I am sure it's not going to be easy, but I am sure with this great
> community suppport, we sure can achieve it.

Seems some people has done a lot of work to get things working with VC++ already. Search for
the word MSVC on this list.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

От: "Jonah H. Harris"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC
От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Build with Visual Studio & MSVC