Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync

От Joel Miller
Тема Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Is there any reason why we don't allow rsync access to the cvs repo?

The only reason I can possibly think of is server load, comparing the timestamps for every file and directory in a
repositoryfor every rsync session could be taxing if everyone under the sun and all their cousins could do it.

CVSync, on the other hand, can cache those timestamps into a file and send it to the client, offloading the comparison
workloadfrom the server to the client where it belongs.

Joel

--

// file: mice.h
#include "frickin_lasers.h"