Re: Speed up fixes

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Speed up fixes
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

> I understand everything except the removal of replaceProcessingEnabled ?

His diff was reversed by the looks of it, so that's actually new code.

It looks like he is adding a new connection property
"replaceProcessingEnabled" which lets you disable escape processing for
all statements. I'm not convinced we want this, as when enabled we
wouldn't follow the JDBC spec.

Sergei, can you send through whatever profiling results that show that
replace processing is a hotspot? Maybe we can speed up the no-escapes
case, rather than disabling them altogether which seems like a bit of a
blunt instrument..

-O