Re: locks in CREATE TRIGGER, ADD FK

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: locks in CREATE TRIGGER, ADD FK
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> This is presuming that we abandon the notion that system catalog
> access use SnapshotNow.  Which opens the question of what they should
> use instead ... to which "transaction snapshot" isn't the answer,
> because we have to be able to do system catalog accesses before
> we've set the snapshot.

I wonder if it would be possible to use SnapshotNow before the
transaction's snapshot has been established, and the transaction's
snapshot subsequently. Although it definitely makes me nervous to use
multiple snapshots over the life of a single transaction...

-Neil

От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: locks in CREATE TRIGGER, ADD FK
От: Christopher Kings-Lynne
Сообщение: Re: "they only drink coffee at dec"