What object types should be in schemas?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема What object types should be in schemas?
Дата
Re: What object types should be in schemas?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
The current hierarchy of object types is like this:

database
    access method
    event trigger
    extension
    foreign data wrapper
    foreign server
    language
    publication
    schema
        aggregate
        collation
        conversion
        domain
        function/procedure
        operator
        operator class
        operator family
        sequence
        statistics
        table/view
            policy
            rule
            trigger
        text search configuration
        text search dictionary
        text search parser
        text search template
        type
    subscription
role
tablespace

special:
- cast
- transform
- user mapping

How does one decide whether something should be in a schema or not?  The
current state feels intuitively correct, but I can't determine any firm
way to decide.

Over in the column encryption thread, the patch proposes to add various
key types as new object types.  For simplicity, I just stuck them
directly under database, but I don't know whether that is correct.

Thoughts?

От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"
Сообщение: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF