Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1, postgresql 7.4.5 and shared memory settings

От Sven Willenberger
Тема Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1, postgresql 7.4.5 and shared memory settings
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Rick Apichairuk wrote:
> I tried the settings you gave and they worked (with some caveats).
>
> After I recompiled the FreeBSD kernel with the options:
>
> options         SYSVSHM
> options         SYSVMSG
> options         SYSVSEM
>
> options         SHMMAXPGS=131072
> options         SEMMNI=128
> options         SEMMNS=512
> options         SEMUME=100
> options         SEMMNU=256
>
> I rebooted and attempted to start postgresql and it failed again. I
> then ran sysctl -a to verify that the settings were correct. They were
> not. Regardless of what's configured in the kernel conf file, the
> default values were loaded.

I assume you added these variables to either the GENERIC or a custom
kernel in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf. If you created a custom kernel called
CUSTOM, then you would:

cd /usr/src
make buildkernel KERNCONF=CUSTOM
make installkernel KERNCONF=CUSTOM

Just wanted to verify that you built and installed the kernel using the
config file that has the settings you listed above (your sysctl output
would indicate otherwise).

Sven

От: Frans
Сообщение: postgresql 7.4.6 slowing down
От: Rick Apichairuk
Сообщение: Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1, postgresql 7.4.5 and shared memory settings