Re: calling nextval function

От Eric E
Тема Re: calling nextval function
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Oliver,
I think the problem with your approach might be in using the nextval
function as a parameter.
I get sequence values by opening a recordset on the sequence, like this:

Dim cnPGODBC as ADODB.Connection
Dim rsSeqVal as ADODB.Recordset
Dim sSeqValSQL as String
Dim iSeqVal as Integer 'The value returned

sSeqValSQL = "SELECT nextval(bed_id_seq);"
cnPGODBC.Open ("Your ODBC connection string")
Set rsSeqVal = cnPGODBC.Execute(sSeqValSQL)

iSeqVal = rsSeqVal.Fields(0)

Set rsSeqVal = Nothing
Set cnPGODBC = Nothing

Hope this helps,