Re: Can postgresql accept mutliple connections in the same

От Dru
Тема Re: Can postgresql accept mutliple connections in the same
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD wrote:

>>>I am running of postgresql database servers with generally 30-50 users
>>>at a time per server.   I have noticed one thing for web based databases
>>>that they fail to initialse a pg_connection connection every now and
>>>again and return no error message at all.
>>>

>I am thinking of the PG_SOMAXCONN maximum connects in the queue
>of the listen socket. That would only be visible to the client app,
>and would mainly happen when load is high so that postmaster cannot fork
>new backends fast enough. And if the client does not properly report ...
>IIRC some systems have a max of 5.
>
>Andreas

PG_SOMAXCONN gets its defination from pg_config_manual.h?
I'm using debian and its still set to 10000 here.
I did check though the logs and didn't see any  "failed to listen on
server socket:"
errors which i assume would be generated when it hits that max.
I am thinking the problem could lie with php though there code looks
very clear cut.
I'll add my own debugging output to php and track its connection process and
see i can find out where it fails.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [Testperf-general] Re: ExclusiveLock
От: "Greg Sabino Mullane"
Сообщение: Re: How to check the postgresql version