Re: removing idle connections

От Gary Doades
Тема Re: removing idle connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 19 Oct 2004 at 13:00, Josh Close wrote:

> Is there a way to remove idle connections? My postgres server is
> getting serveral hundred idle connections. It's due to a postgres .NET
> provider not closing the connections properly. I don't want to kill
> them all, or restart postgres everytime the connections go crazy.

I would have though it would be better to fix the client application. If the
app is not closing connections then you may be leaking handles and
memory.

What .NET provider is this? Are you sure it is not just normal
connection pooling?

Cheers,
Gary.

От: Thomas F.O'Connell
Сообщение: Re: vacuum schema
От: Josh Close
Сообщение: Re: removing idle connections