Re: explain and explain analyze with functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: explain and explain analyze with functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
elein <elein@nextbus.com> writes:
> Explain and explain analyze do not seem to count any
> subqueries in functions called.

Functions are considered black boxes.  Unless you have an unpublished
solution to the halting problem, I doubt we can do much better than that
for PL-language functions.

I believe there was once code in Postgres (Berkeley era) to try to be
intelligent about the costs of SQL-language functions.  It's been dead
code for a long time though, and I'm not currently seeing a good
argument for reviving it.  People don't seem to use SQL-language
functions all that much.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: What popular, large commercial websites run
От: Mark kirkwood
Сообщение: On Distributions In 7.2.1