Re: about "pg_dump " without pompt password

От David Garamond
Тема Re: about "pg_dump " without pompt password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
>>Is it possible that we setup the password in the pg_dump command line
>
> You might as well put it on a billboard --- anything in the command line
> can be seen by anyone who runs "ps".
>
> If you don't want to supply it manually, put it in ~/.pgpass.

At least in Linux, mysql replaces the password in the command line
argument with "xxxxxxxx" so you can't see them via "ps" nor via peeking
into /proc/<PID>/cmdline.

There is a short period where the password is visible though.

Are there any other risks? Or is the reason for not doing this is
because not all OS'es supports replacing the command line information?

--
dave

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: about "pg_dump " without pompt password
От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Re: ODBC for PostgreSQL 7.4