Re: bad performance for Access, ODBC and Postgres

От Eric HAGENBACH
Тема Re: bad performance for Access, ODBC and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Jean-Max Reymond a écrit :

>Hi,
>I have very poor access whith a front end Access 2003, ODBC and Postgres 7.4.3.
>Much time to find a record in a table ff 13000 records with indexs.
>Sniffing the network, I can see a lot of traffic and the CPU of
>postmaster is about 30% (P4, 2.8 GHz). It seems that all the data's
>are backed on the client side and then, analyzed.
>Does it exist an option to improve the performances ?
>thanks,

Maybe you can use the EXPLAIN command to see what query plan the system
creates for your query (you can see the where condition,  which index is
used, ...)

Eric.

От: Jean-Max Reymond
Сообщение: bad performance for Access, ODBC and Postgres
От: Jean-Max Reymond
Сообщение: Re: bad performance for Access, ODBC and Postgres