Re: 7.5 beta?

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: 7.5 beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Parker wrote:

>Hi. I understand from lurking on Hackers that 7.5 is nearing beta. What
>is the typical timeframe for a postgres beta? It's understood, of
>course, that beta might take longer depending on problems that show up,
>but I'm wondering if there is an average.

Someone else might give a more accurate answer based on the actual dates
from our last few releases, but my guess is at lease 3 months from the
beginning of beta.

>It's my understanding that the contrib/pg_autovacuum functionality has
>been absorbed into the kernel for 7.5? I'm trying to decide if I should
>do the work to get pg_autovacuum integrated with our system install, or
>just wait for 7.5....

pg_autovacuum is being included in the PostgreSQL backend for 7.5.
However,  there isn't much work involved in setting it up for 7.4.  I
don't know what type of system you are on, but I know the redhat
postgresql-contrib rpm includes pg_autovacuum.  Then you just have to
run it.  I can help you get started if you need it.

Matthew

От: cipriani@Argentina.com
Сообщение: postgresql password from .pgpass
От: Devrim GUNDUZ
Сообщение: Re: 7.5 beta?