Re: Removing support for COPY FROM STDIN in protocol version 2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Removing support for COPY FROM STDIN in protocol version 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2021-Feb-04, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Ok, here we go.

> Are you going to bump the .so version for this?  I think that should be
> done, since some functions disappear and there are struct changes.  It
> is curious, though, to see that exports.txt needs no changes.

Uh, what?  There should be no externally visible ABI changes in libpq
(he says without having read the patch).  If there's a need for a library
major version bump, that'd be sufficient reason not to do this IMO.

От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: Is MaxHeapAttributeNumber a reasonable restriction for foreign-tables?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Snapbuild woes followup