Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches
Дата
Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, May  5, 2021 at 02:18:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I notice that we also list this as a pre-beta task in
>> src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES:
>>     * Update inet/cidr data types with newest Bind patches
>> However, I can't recall that anyone has ever done any such thing;
>> and at this point, any attempt to re-sync that code would likely
>> be a rather major task.  Should we take that off the checklist?

> I think it is related to these files:
>     src/backend/utils/adt/inet_cidr_ntop.c
>     src/backend/utils/adt/inet_net_pton.c
> which have at the top:
>  * Copyright (c) 2004 by Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC")
>  * Copyright (c) 1996,1999 by Internet Software Consortium.
> but I am not sure we still need to update those, so I would remove it.

I dug in the archives and found the thread that prompted you to
add that bullet item:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/200502021700.j12H05j20872%40candle.pha.pa.us

which made the point that those were moving targets back in 2005.
I doubt they still are, so I don't see much point in keeping this
in the checklist.

(There may or may not be value in doing a one-time check to see
if we've missed anything.)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: v14 mechanical code beautification patches
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs