Re: Direct SSL connection with ALPN and HBA rules

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Direct SSL connection with ALPN and HBA rules
Дата
Re: Direct SSL connection with ALPN and HBA rules
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/05/2024 16:50, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> New proposal:
>
> - Remove the "try both" mode completely, and rename "requiredirect" to
> just "direct". So there would be just two modes: "postgres" and
> "direct". On reflection, the automatic fallback mode doesn't seem very
> useful. It would make sense as the default, because then you would get
> the benefits automatically in most cases but still be compatible with
> old servers. But if it's not the default, you have to fiddle with libpq
> settings anyway to enable it, and then you might as well use the
> "requiredirect" mode when you know the server supports it. There isn't
> anything wrong with it as such, but given how much confusion there's
> been on how this all works, I'd prefer to cut this back to the bare
> minimum now. We can add it back in the future, and perhaps make it the
> default at the same time. This addresses points 2. and 3. above.
>
> and:
>
> - Only allow sslnegotiation=direct with sslmode=require or higher. This
> is what you, Jacob, wanted to do all along, and addresses point 1.

Here's a patch to implement that.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

Вложения

От: aa
Сообщение: Re: Is there any chance to get some kind of a result set sifting mechanism in Postgres?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints