Re: MySQL insert() and instr() equiv

От Marco Bizzarri
Тема Re: MySQL insert() and instr() equiv
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Not sure this is the right answer: in older version you could enable
it via the postgresql.conf file, modifing the variable log_statement
and setting that to true. Also, you should check the syslog level
variable in the same file.

Regards
Marco

On 6/17/06, Mark Constable <markc@renta.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 18 June 2006 02:33, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > uid is an email address stored in the passwd table as user@domain.com
> > > and this construct allows an incoming username such as "user.domain.com"
> > > to be compared to the stored "user@domain.com".
>
> > But, if you're not wedded to that particular way, why not use replace()?
>
> I only decided to ditch MySQL tonight so I'm within the first
> 1/2 dozen hours of using pgsql for almost the first time. I've
> lost a fair amount of hair with the basics of db and user setup
> and close to burnout.
>
> > SELECT wpath FROM passwd WHERE uid="\L" OR replace(uid, '@', '.')="\L"
>
> Excellent. Just the double quotes needed to be changed to single
> quotes to avoid this error and replace() indeed works for my needs.
>
>  ERROR:  column "user.domain.com" does not exist
>
> Another anti-burnout question, how would I turn on the ability
> to view any SQL requests in the logfile ?
>
> No doubt there is an answer in the list archives somewhere but
> my first few searches brought up nothing useful.
>
> --markc

Marco Bizzarri
http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/

От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: SQL query question
От: Kevin Jenkins
Сообщение: Tips for storing files in the database