Re: Streaming replication and triggering failover

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Streaming replication and triggering failover
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Thinking more clearly, my comment above about the trigger file logic
> being backwards was bollocks; if the master is shut down, standby waits
> for the trigger file to appear, not to go away. And creating the trigger
> file during replication causes it to finish, and failover to happen.
>
> Nevertheless, let's make the default "no failover" if no trigger file
> location is configured, and remove the notion that normal shutdown of
> master stops recovery.

You dropped CheckForStandbyTrigger() called at the end of recovery.
I think that this would be problem when an invalid record is found before
we reaches a streaming recovery state. The standby would be out-of-control
of the clusterware, and be brought up. Which might cause a split-brain
syndrome. We should need something to prevent such unexpected
activation?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication and triggering failover