Re: WAL format

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: WAL format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> If this was earlier in the release cycle, I'd feel happier.
>
> 2.5 months before beta is the wrong time to re-design the crash recovery
> data format, especially because its only "a bit awkward". We're bound to
> break something unforeseen and not have time to fix it. If you were
> telling me "impossible", I'd be all ears.

To avoid the harmful effect on the existing feature, how about
introducing new function which reads WAL records in byte level
for Streaming Replication? ISTM that making one function
ReadRecord cover several cases (a crash recovery and replication)
would increase complexity.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: A sniffer for the buffer
От: Florian Weimer
Сообщение: Re: YAML Was: CommitFest status/management