Re: optimizing pg_upgrade's once-in-each-database steps

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: optimizing pg_upgrade's once-in-each-database steps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2024-05-16 at 16:16 -0500, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> I am posting this early to get thoughts on the general approach.  If
> we
> proceeded with this strategy, I'd probably create some generic
> tooling that
> each relevant step would provide a set of callback functions.

The documentation states:

"pg_dump -j uses multiple database connections; it connects to the
database once with the leader process and once again for each worker
job."

That might need to be adjusted.

How much complexity do you avoid by using async instead of multiple
processes?

Also, did you consider connecting once to each database and running
many queries? Most of those seem like just checks.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Underscore in positional parameters?
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: open items