Re: 2-phase commit

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Re: 2-phase commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>I'm tired of this kind of "2PC is too slow" arguments. I think
>>Satoshi, the only guy who made a trial implementation of 2PC for
>>PostgreSQL, has already showed that 2PC is not that slow.
>

> Where does Satoshi's implementation sit right now?  Will it patch to v7.4?
> Can it provide us with a base to work from, or is it complete?

It is not ready yet.
You can find it at ...

http://snaga.org/pgsql/

It is based on 7.3
    * the 2-phase commit protocol (precommit and commit)    * the multi-master replication using 2PC    * distributed
transaction(distributed query)

current work
    * restarting (from 2nd phase) when the session is disconnected in
2nd phase (XLOG stuffs)    * XA compliance

future work
    * hot failover and recovery in PostgreSQL cluster    * data partitioning on different servers

I have compiled it a while ago.
Seems to be pretty nice :).
Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] Using JDBC and libpq in the same process
От: seunosewa@inaira.com (Seun Osewa)
Сообщение: Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL