Re: Is there an equivalent in plpgsql of Oracle's DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Is there an equivalent in plpgsql of Oracle's DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Glenn_Wiens@via-christi.org wrote:
> I am somewhat new to PostgreSQL's procedure language, and I have not been
> able to find a way to do ad-hoc outputs to the console from plpgsql
> functions -- mostly for debugging purposes. Oracle has the DBMS_OUTPUT
> package which included the PUT_LINE() function. Is there something like
> this in plpgsql?

Try RAISE NOTICE -- see:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=plpgsql-errors-and-messages.html

Joe

От: Glenn_Wiens@via-christi.org
Сообщение: Is there an equivalent in plpgsql of Oracle's DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE?
От: Juan Francisco Diaz
Сообщение: Concatenating