Re: XML ouput for psql

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: XML ouput for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> This is also a good time to stop and ask whether the frontend/backend
> protocol needs to change to support this.  Not having read the spec,
> I have no idea what the low-level transport needs are for XML output,
> but I suspect our present protocol is not it ...

It might be interesting to modify the protocol (and the backend at the
point of projection to the front end) so that a user defined formating
function could be applied and either accepted or rejected by the front
end. Perhaps one flavor of XML output is a start, but I could imagine
wanting a custom or even different "standard" output format.

Joe