Re: location of the configuration files

От mlw
Тема Re: location of the configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat wrote:

>Seems like some are saying one of the problems with the current system
>is it doesn't follow FHS or LSB. If those are valid reasons to change
>the system, it seems like a change which doesn't actually address those
>concerns would not be acceptable. (Unless those really aren't valid
>concerns...)

I did not start this thread to make PostgreSQL FHS compatible, someone
else brought that up.

As I said somewhere else, I'm an old fashioned UNIX guy, capability
without policy. The patch that I submitted for 7.3.2 will allow the user
to configure PostgreSQL with a configuration file outside the $PGDATA
directory. That's all I care about. If someone wants to get on the FHS
bandwagon, that's fine. PostgreSQL should allow that ability but should
not require it.

От: Christopher Kings-Lynne
Сообщение: Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report
От: mlw
Сообщение: Re: location of the configuration files