Re: Commitfest app vs. pgsql-docs

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Commitfest app vs. pgsql-docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 24 May 2021, at 11:47, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 11:08 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2021-May-19, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>>> It's just a reference after all. So someone supplies a reference to an
>>> email on an out of the way list. What's the evil that will occur? Not
>>> much really  AFAICT.
>
> Well, if you include all lists, the ability for you to findi things by
> the "most recent posts" or by searching for anything other than a
> unique message id will likely become less useful.

Thats a good case for restricting this to the smaller set of lists which will
cover most submissions anyways.  With a smaller set we could make the UX still
work without presenting an incredibly long list.

Or, the most recent emails dropdown only cover a set of common lists but
a search will scan all lists?

> As long as you only ever search by message-id it won't make a difference.

Without any supporting evidence to back it up, my gut feeling tells me the most
recent mails list is a good/simple way to lower the bar for submissions.

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Added schema level support for publication.
От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: rand48 replacement