Re: Win32 port

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Win32 port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Jan Wieck writes:
>
> > To Hannu: the Windows port we did here depends on MS VC++ features like
> > the ability to specify in the project to substitute header files. I
> > don't know much about MingW and if you can do things like that with it.
>
> Before long someone will port the Windows port to MinGW, so we should
> resist attempts to use compiler-specific features in the same way that we
> tend not to use vendors specific features in other ports.

Absolutely.  With the present push by over 30 governments of countries,
and other large institutions around the world for adopting Open Source
software in significant ways, we'd be kind of short-sighted to do things
in a way that mostly limits people to using M$ products.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi