Re: How to cripple a postgres server

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: How to cripple a postgres server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Stephen,

Are you able to give some detailed technical specs of the hardware
you're running?

I consider yours to be a higher-end PostgreSQL server, and I'd like to
have a good practical understanding of what is required (hardware wise)
to put together a 1k/second transaction PostgreSQL server.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

<snip>

> I'm not sure; it can certainly do >1k queries/second through 800
> simultaneous connections (about 1/connection second), but it's hard to
> find enough machines to load it up that much...
>
> One big difference, though, is that with the vacuum problem, the CPU
> used is almost all (99%) system time; loading up the db with lots of
> queries increases user time mostly, with little system time...
>
> In any event, it seems a bug that merely having connections open causes
> this problem! They aren't even in transactions...
>
>         Stephen

>                        Name: signature.asc
>    signature.asc       Type: PGP Armored File (application/x-unknown-content-type-PGP Armored File)

   - Indira Gandhi

От: terry@greatgulfhomes.com
Сообщение: Re: replication, availability of my server
От: Vince Vielhaber
Сообщение: Re: [meta] news.postgresql.org still down - who do I