Strange interaction with php's pg_query

От Bill Moran
Тема Strange interaction with php's pg_query
Дата
Re: Strange interaction with php's pg_query  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm a little burned out right now, so I figured I'll ask the
question before calling quits for tonight, and (hopefully) the
answer will be in my inbox come morning. ;)

I'm building a web app in php with Postgre as the backend db.
I'm pretty new to Postgre, but I've done a lot of work with
php+MySQL.

I have a simple table as follows:

create table sysinfo (
    attname char(30) primary key,
    attvalue text
    ) without oids

And if I start psql and enter:
"select * from sysinfo"
I get the expected list of name/value pairs that were entered
into the table at an earlier operation.

However, if I execute the same query using pg_query() in php,
I get the error:
Warning: pg_query() query failed: ERROR: Relation "sysinfo" does not exist in
/usr/home/group/webpages/epd/class/base.class.phpon line 44

This really confuses me, as "sysinfo" isn't even a relation and
why should the parser even imagine it to be a relation?  I've
tried rearranging the SELECT statement (with and without WHERE
clauses, with and without FROM clause).  Every incarnation I try
works fine in the psql program, but gives the same error (as above)
in php.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE as of April 23rd, Postgres 7.2.1_1,
mod_php4-4.2.0, and apache-1.3.24_7 all installed from FreeBSD
ports collection.

Any advice is much welcome.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: restoreing dumps fail
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Strange interaction with php's pg_query