Re: Write access problems with StarOffice for Windows

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Write access problems with StarOffice for Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Olivier Berger wrote:

> Olivier Berger wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > I'd like to know if anyone has ever experienced the same problem :
> > we've setup an ODBC connection with the PostgreSQL ODBC driver from
> > windows to a PostgreSQL Database (the server is on GNU/Linux).
> >
> > The database can be accessed in read/write with MSQuery and MSAccess,
> > but in read-only with StarOffice.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced any incompatibility with StarOffice ?
> >

> Well, we seem to have found a solution.
>
> The problem comes from a naming scheme problem with the postgresql ODBC
> driver for windows or StarOffice windows interpretation of primary key
> indices.
>
> If we name the primary index of our [my_table_name] table whith
> "[my_table_name]_pkey", it apparently solves our problems, and the
> tables can be accessed from StarOffice with write access.

Recently I changed the driver so that it detects the primary
key other than {table_name}_pkey. Please try the next release
(7.01.0006). It would be released in a week or so.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Olivier Berger
Сообщение: Quick HOWTO - connecting StarOffice Win or Lin to PostGreSQL using ODBC
От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: an ODBC change