Does Postgres always automatically rollback transactions when an SQL command fails?

От Ryan Ho
Тема Does Postgres always automatically rollback transactions when an SQL command fails?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
In a transaction, should any of the sql statements fail to execute, does Postgres rollback all the previous statements?

To my best knowledge, it should but I have observed that on some occasions, half my transaction can get committed,
whilethe other half is unsuccessful.

Do I need check for failed transactions and enforce a rollback in my code or is it done by the backend automatically?

Thanks in advance
Ryan