Re: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename
Дата
Re: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote: So
> the thing would act a lot like the original-relname-plus-OID variant
> that's been discussed so far.  (Original relname because ALTER TABLE
> RENAME would *not* change the physical file name.  But we could
> think about a form of VACUUM that creates a whole new table by
> versioning, and that would presumably bring the physical name back
> in sync with the logical relname.)

At least on UNIX, couldn't you use a hard-link and change the name in
pg_class immediately? Let the brain-dead operating systems use the
vacuum method.

От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generated filename