Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 5/6/24 5:08 PM, David Rowley wrote:
>>> * Throw an error if an index is accessed while it is being reindexed.

>>    Maybe we should give more detail
>> there so people don't think we made such a silly mistake. The release
>> note version I think does have enough words to allow the reader to
>> understand that the mistake is more complex. Maybe we could add
>> something here to make it sound like less of an embarrassing mistake?

> Based on this, I'd vote to just remove it from the release announcement.

+1.  This is hardly a major bug fix --- it's just blocking off
something that people shouldn't be doing in the first place.

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft,2024-05-09 release announcement draft
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft