Re: PostgreSQL book completed though chapter 10

От Richard Smith
Тема Re: PostgreSQL book completed though chapter 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have completed the first draft of my book through chapter 10.
>
> New chapters include:
>
>         Chapter 7, Numbering rows:  OID's, sequences
>
>         Chapter 8, Combining Selects:  UNION, subqueries
>
>         Chapter 9, Data Types:  types, functions, operators, arrays
>
>         Chapter 10,Transactions and Locks:  transactions, locking
>
> The books is accessible at:
>
>         http://www.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html
>
> Comments welcomed.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle

I just Finished reading your book, I did work along with the text up to
chapter
4. I hope to finish that up when I get the time.  It is looking great.
I am a pgsql beginner and this book has help me out a lot.

I know that data modeling is a huge subject, but you might want to add a
small chapter on that subject.

I look forward to reading more drafts, and thank you for the great work
so far.

Richrad

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Performance
От: Richard Smith
Сообщение: beginner Table data type question