Re: shmem_seq may be a bad idea

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: shmem_seq may be a bad idea
Дата
Re: shmem_seq may be a bad idea  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> A while ago while thinking about a way to make ipcclean better I thunk
> that perhaps the postmaster should write the keys of the segments it gets
> to a flat-text file. If it somehow crashes and loses track of what it
> allocated before it can use that information to clean up. Not sure how
> often that would take effect but it's very socially friendly.

Hmm. Could we write this to a separate shared memory segment? Much
more likely to be of fixed length and compatible between versions, and
more likely to exist or not exist with the same behavior as the large
shared memory segment under discussion??
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PgAccess 0.98.6 , a ugly bug fixed