Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database]

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It did not use any Ingres code, as told to me by Jolly, I think.  My
> book has Ingres mentioned as an "ancestor" of Postgres.

I suppose we could have figured this out ourselves, since Postgres was
originally written in Lisp, and afaik Ingres was always C or somesuch
traditional compiled-only code. We still see evidence of this in our
code tree with the way lists and parser nodes are handled.
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

От: Mike Mascari
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Table drop that fails ... "No such file or directory"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Historical trivia (was Re: First Major Open Source Database)