Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/07/11 10:34, Paul A Jungwirth wrote:
>> Also, there seems to be at least some preference
>> for excluding partitions by default from the \d listing.
>
> As another user of partitions I'll chime in and say that would be very
> nice! On the other hand, with pre-10 partitions you do see all the
> child tables with `\d`, so showing declarative partitions seems more
> consistent with the old functionality.

That's one way of looking at it. :)

> On the third hand with pre-10 partitions I can put the child tables
> into a separate schema to de-clutter `\d`, but I don't see any way to
> do that with declarative partitions. Since there is no workaround it
> makes it a bit more important for partitions not to be so noisy.

You can do that with declarative partitions:

create table foo (a int) partition by list (a);

create schema foo_parts;
create table foo_parts.foo1 partition of foo for values in (1);
create table foo_parts.foo2 partition of foo for values in (2);

\d      List of relationsSchema | Name | Type  | Owner
--------+------+-------+-------public | foo  | table | amit
(1 row)

set search_path to foo_parts;

\d       List of relations Schema   | Name | Type  | Owner
-----------+------+-------+-------foo_parts | foo1 | table | amitfoo_parts | foo2 | table | amit
(2 rows)

Thanks,
Amit

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] strcmp() tie-breaker for identical ICU-collated strings
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql 10: hash indexes testing