Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?
Дата
Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
On 2020-05-20 00:26, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
>> +1 to scram-sha-256 for the default for host-based/TCP connections.
>> For local, we should be using peer, just like Debian's default has
>> been for ages.
>
> YEah, this is what I committed just now. Still, would love to hear from
> others if there are any objections.

The upstream default is still to use md5 passwords by default, and some
deliberation has gone into that to keep it that way.  So it would make
sense to have the RPMs also do that.  The Debian packages also still use
md5.  Some consistency across the board would be good.  Otherwise it
will be very confusing for users if everyone just goes into their own
direction.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: RHEL 6 and PostgreSQL 13
От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?