Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format
Дата
Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format  (Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, please, if you can, propose these error messages (with hints)-
> result will be much better.

Hi Pavel, hackers.

I've done some work updating Pavel's sci notation patch for to_char().
 I've attached a patch against HEAD (EEEE_2.diff.bz2) and against
Pavel's patch as originally submitted to the list
(EEEE_1-to-2.diff.bz2).

A summary of my changes:

 * Improve the wording of error messages, and add some detail/hint parts.
 * Update the documentation.
 * Move the duplicated "one digit before decimal point" test into a macro.
 * Fix a bug in the int8_to_char() implementation (was using the wrong
variable).

Hope you find this useful.

Cheers,
BJ

Вложения

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Randomly placed definition of S_ISDIR() in psql/copy.c
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: HashJoin w/option to unique-ify inner rel