Re: [HACKERS] couldn't rollback cache ?

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] couldn't rollback cache ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> > But as far as I see,neither relation cache nor system catalog cache
> > aren't be rollbacked correctly.
> > I added time_qualification_check to SearchSysCache() on trial
> > (see the patch at the end of this posting).
>
> Hmm.  This must be a bug of very long standing; surprising it hasn't
> been noticed before.  I think you are probably right, because a little
> glimpsing shows that SearchSysCache() is the *only* place in the whole
> system where HeapKeyTest() is called directly --- everyone else goes
> through HeapTupleSatisfies() which adds a timequal check of one sort or
> another.  I don't know the timequal stuff at all, but it seems likely
> that we want one here.  (Vadim, is this fix right?)

Sorry, but currently I have no ability to deal with anything
but WAL. As for cache/SI issues, I would like to see shared
catalog cache implemented (and remove current SI stuff),
but I was not able to do it for ~ 2 years, -:(

Vadim

От: Vadim Mikheev
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Anyone understand shared buffer refcount mechanism?
От: "Hiroshi Inoue"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] couldn't rollback cache ?