Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes

От Leon
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> * Single lexical tokens within a query are currently limited to 64k
>   because of the lexer's use of YY_REJECT.  I have not committed any
>   of Leon's proposed lexer changes, since that issue still seems
>   controversial.  I would like to see us agree on a solution.

Thomas Lockhart should speak up - he seems the only person who
has objections yet. If the proposed thing is to be declined, something
has to be applied instead in respect to lexer reject feature and
accompanying size limits, as well as grammar inconsistency. Seems there
are only awkward solutions as alternatives. As you probably remember,
the proposed change only breaks constructs like 1+-2, which anyone
in a sane condition should avoid when programming :)

There are more size restrictions there. I noticed (by simply eyeing the
lexer source, without testing) that in case of flex lexer
(FLEX_LEXER being defined in scan.c) lexer can't
swallow big queries. You (Tom and Michael) aren't using flex,
are you?

--
Leon.
-------

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Status report: long-query-string changes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes