Re: [GENERAL] Remote Authentication

От Sean W. Ellis
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Remote Authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
wim wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I'm approaching my database over the internet as well. I wondered what you
> use to connect to the database,
> are you using ODBC or is there a httpd server connecting to the database
> using some module like php?
> If the last one is the case, then the machine running the httpd server is
> accessing your database, not the clients on the internet.
> Depending on how you would like to access the database your
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql file must contain something like this. Read the
> manual page on  the option -i
>
> su postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql'
>
> the pg_hba.conf should contain something like this:
>
> local        dbname                                       password
> ./data/sqlpasswd
> host         all        0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0            password
> ./data/sqlpasswd'

I am running postgres as user www.  postmaster -i -S -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data

In my init I have: su www -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -S -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data'

Everything works fine with my webserver connecting via perl.  Everything
is fine for me connecting remotely using psql -h apollo if I have trust
access on.  But, it all goes to pot when I do this in my pg_hba.conf:
host    all     192.168.0.0     255.255.0.0     password sqlpasswd
I have even tried full path and ./data/sqlpasswd, by your suggestion
above.  My env vars are:
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
My sqlpasswd file is:
apollo:~/sql/data$ cat sqlpasswd
root:passwd:10794:0:::::
bits:passwd:10796:0:99999:7:::
asns:dfljskdflsjdf:10816:0:99999:7:::
ednabuil:sdfsdfs:10812:0:99999:7:::
asns2:sdfsdf:10816:0:99999:7:::
frayhall:sdfsdfs:10819:0:99999:7:::
www:sdfsdfsdf:10836:0:99999:7:::

pg_passwd will allow me to change the passwords in the this file, so it
is readable to postgres, but when I try remote connect I get:

bits:~$ psql -a password -h apollo -u
Username: www
Password:

Connection to database 'www' failed.
User authentication failed

Same when I exchange crypt for password.  Anything else you might know
of?

От: Jelle Ruttenberg
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Problem connecting NT-psqlODBC to Linux-PostgreSQL
От: Bryan Fullerton
Сообщение: Solaris 7 settings