Re: [GENERAL] OID vs SERIAL

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: [GENERAL] OID vs SERIAL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The other disadvantage of oids is that since Postgres doesn't currently
support
DELETE COLUMN, if you want to use the work around of doing a SELECT INTO
another
table it doesn't work because the oids are changed. In general, until
Postgres supports a fuller range of schema change functions you will
find
certain things like this inconvenient. Of course even the above has
another
work around. Either way can be made to work fine. I actually prefer
OIDS, but
I would suggest you use serials. I swapped over from oids to serials and
I'm
in two minds whether I'm better off.