Running out of memory...

От Kevin Holbrook
Тема Running out of memory...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

    I am using PostgreSQL version 6.5.1 on x86 Solaris 2.6.

    Now, I have already tweaked my shared mem settings as was
recommended
on this thread in the past.

    I am also starting the postmaster with a -N 128 -B 256 -i.

    The problem is this, I am getting numerous "unexpected EOF from
client" messages, and the postmaster keeps spawning (albeit slowly)
until I hit the max number of processes, and I get the expected "too
many clients already".

    Does anyone know why the postmaster would need to spawn so many
backends? Has anyone seen this problem or a similar one on their Solaris
box?

    Thanks in advance,

-Kevin

От: "amy cheng"
Сообщение: v6.5 foreign key trigger reposted with details
От: Kyle Bateman
Сообщение: Job opportunity