Re: Postgres perl module namespace

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres perl module namespace
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While solving a problem with the Beta RPMs, I noticed that they export
> our perl test modules as capabilities like this:

>     [andrew@f34 x86_64]$ rpm -q --provides -p
>     postgresql14-devel-14-beta1_PGDG.fc34.x86_64.rpm | grep ^perl
>     perl(PostgresNode)
>     perl(PostgresVersion)
>     perl(RecursiveCopy)
>     perl(SimpleTee)
>     perl(TestLib)

> I don't think we should be putting this stuff in a global namespace like
> that. We should invent a namespace that's not likely to conflict with
> other people, like, say, 'PostgreSQL::Test' to put these modules. That
> would require moving some code around and adjusting a bunch of scripts,
> but it would not be difficult. Maybe something to be done post-14?

Agreed that we ought to namespace these better.  It looks to me like most
of these are several versions old.  Given the lack of field complaints,
I'm content to wait for v15 for a fix, rather than treating it as an open
item for v14.

> Meanwhile I would suggest that RPM maintainers exclude both requires and
> provides for these five names.

+1

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft