Re: [HACKERS] Perl library (was Building Postgres)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Perl library (was Building Postgres)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Wouldn't it be better to create a CPAN package and distribute it from
> *there*?  I realize that this method has the problem that package
> updates and PostgreSQL updates could become desynchronized, but I
> think this would address the issue adequately.

Well, the problem I'm trying to solve is rpm packaging, which is not
necessarily the same as solving the perl distribution issue.
However...

Would a CPAN package be more amenable to an rpm packaging? That is, if
we had a CPAN distribution (generated locally, of course), could I
plop that into an rpm and have a standard, easy procedure to follow
within the rpm to get the stuff extracted and installed onto a
machine?? I'm blissfully ignorant about CPAN and the packaging
conventions, but would like suggestions.
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

От: Brian E Gallew
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] acl problem in NetBSD/m68k
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Mess