Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> i'll try updating some of the dedicated tests (box.sql, circle.sql,
> geometry.sql, lseg.sql, path.sql, polygon.sql), but i'm not sure where
> testing the rtree indexes should go.  i think other index types are
> tested in select.sql, but i'd probably put them in geometry.sql.  does
> anybody care?  is there someone that oversees the methods and
> organization of the regression tests or do people just throw in new
> tests when there's something new?

Well, Marc and I had reorganized the regression tests a couple of
years ago, and most of the organizational changes since then have been
done by us too (Marc handling the platform-specific stuff, and I the
tests themselves). But new test areas have been added by others, and
we certainly could use more contributions to existing tests,
reorganizing them if that seems advisable.

I agree with your suggestion to put rtree testing in geometry.sql, at
least until the size of the new tests would suggest separating it into
a new "rtree.sql" test.

Go ahead and do something. We'll apply it to the tree, and if there is
something which provokes someone else into modifying it, we'll do it
then. But I'm sure whatever you do will be fine, since you have
clearly already given some thought to it.

Thanks...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

От: Jeff Hoffmann
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] has anybody else used r-tree indexes in 6.5?