Re: ERROR: cannot insert duplicate... on VACUUM ANALYZE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: cannot insert duplicate... on VACUUM ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jon Lapham <lapham@extracta.com.br> writes:
>> I sure hope you have glibc 2.2.3 or later installed, else you
>> are subject to the known problems with 2.2.2's strcoll().

> I have glibc v2.2.2 installed.  Do you have a pointer to some info which
>   may explain the consequences of these "known problems" with v2.2.2?

Try searching the mailing list archives for "glibc" and "strcoll" over
the past year or so.  We've seen core dumps and corrupted indexes that
trace to this.

> I'm probably doing something stupid here, but according to the
> documentation for REINDEX, "In order to run REINDEX command, postmaster
> must be shut down and stand-alone Postgres should be started instead
> with options -O and -P (an option to ignore system indexes)."

I think that only applies if you need to reindex a system-catalog index.

> main_v0_8=# REINDEX INDEX admin_users_pkey;
> REINDEX
> main_v0_8=# VACUUM ANALYZE ;
> ERROR:  No one parent tuple was found

This still looks like corrupted data, but one can't tell from this which
table it's in.  Try VACUUM VERBOSE.

От: Jon Lapham
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: cannot insert duplicate... on VACUUM ANALYZE
От: "Command Prompt, Inc."
Сообщение: Abort State sensitivity?