Re: [HACKERS] I don't like LIKE

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] I don't like LIKE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> [Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > There seems to be a problem with MakeIndexable(), though I haven't
> > confirmed that the problem lies there:
> >
> > postgres=> select * from t1 where i like '2';
> > ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "2_": can't parse "_"
> >
> > istm that this query should behave itself, or at least fail in some
> > other way :(
> >
> > I'll guess that, even though there isn't a wildcard to pattern match,
> > MakeIndexable() is adding a trailing \377 to the string?
>
> Please post example.  Works here:
>
>         select * from pg_class where rename like '2';

Maybe he meant something like this (using 6.4.2)

hannu=> \d t
Table    = t
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| i                                | int4
|     4 |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
hannu=> create index indx on t(i);
CREATE
hannu=> vacuum;
VACUUM
hannu=> select * from t where i like '1';
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "1ÿ": can't parse "ÿ"
hannu=>

Hannu

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: Logos-n-stuff Was: Re: [HACKERS] 6.6 items
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Release schedule