Re: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > Hiroshi, please run your test. You'll get NOTICEs instead of ERRORs.
>
> I have run my test and got the following NOTICEs.
>
> NOTICE:  Child itemid in update-chain marked as unused - can't
> continue vc_rpfheap

I'm still getting troubles when running your test due to

1. bug in cache invalidation code: when we invalidate relcache  we forget to free MdfdVec in md.c!
  Vacuum invalidates a relation tuple in pg_class and concurrent  xactions invalidate corresponding relcache entry, but
don't free MdfdVec and so allocate new one for the same relation  more and more. Each MdfdVed requires own fd.c:Vfd
entry-> below

2. fd.c:pg_nofile()->sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX) returns in FreeBSD   near total number of files that can be opened in system
(by _all_ users/procs). With total number of opened files  ~ 2000 I can run your test with 10-20 simultaneous  xactions
forvery short time, -:)

  Should we limit fd.c:no_files to ~ 256?  This is port-specific, of course...

Vadim
P.S. Hiroshi test I run:

10-20 psql < file with 10000 xactions:

BEGIN;
UPDATE single row in table;
END;

A script run "vacuum table" each rand(10) + 1 sec.

От: Vadim Mikheev
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bizarre coding in _bt_binsrch
От: Daniele Orlandi
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bug in LIKE ?